Internship Duration: Six months.
Pick from one of the internship durations below:
- January 8, 2024 to June 7, 2024
- April 1, 2024 to September 30th, 2024
- June 17, 2024 to December 13, 2024
Important details about the internship:
- This Internship requires a minimum of six months, full-time commitment.
- It is NOT suitable for individuals currently enrolled in college and seeking internship opportunities to meet their college credit/graduation requirements.
ABOUT BINAYTARA FOUNDATION
Binaytara Foundation (BTF) is a global cancer non-profit committed to minimizing cancer disparities through education, advocacy, and innovation. BTF is one of the largest oncology continuing education providers in the United States. BTF administers the following five programs focused on minimizing cancer disparities:
- Oncology continuing education conferences,
- Medical journal – The International Journal of Cancer Care & Delivery,
- The Cancer News – An authoritative resource for all news related to cancer
- BTF’s game-based continue education activities, and
- Global oncology program in Nepal.
We invite motivated individuals with exceptional communication skills and inner drive to learn, grow, and bring positive changes in the world through their leadership and partnership skills to apply for this Marketing & Communication Internship opportunity.
Duration of Internship: Candidates must commit to a minimum of a six-month period. The internship duration may be extended for up to six more months but may not exceed twelve months.
Typical schedule is Tuesday through Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. However, Interns will need to work on the weekends and work longer hours during conferences and other events.
- Up to $2,000 per month in room & board stipend is provided upon successful completion of monthly learning milestones and challenges.
- Stipends are disbursed monthly after completing the specific challenges and milestones assigned to the intern each month.
- Stipends are not wages and are not proportionate to the hours worked. However, stipend payments may be subject to applicable income taxes. Interns should consult a tax professional regarding tax implications of the stipend payment.
Location – Bellevue, WA, with travel required to project sites.
This position requires travel to our conference/event sites in WA state or outside WA state which will include overnight stays.
Must have a valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle with liability insurance coverage.
May be required to occasionally carry/lift/transport suitcases/bags/containers containing conference materials from/to the Binaytara Foundation office or another designated place to conferences sites. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required to load/off load those materials.
For one to have a successful learning experience during this internship, one needs to be highly motivated, organized, focused, efficient, and pay attention to details.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills required.
- Typing skills without looking at keyboard is a must.
- Must have a good command of Microsoft office suite, Google Drive, and other commonly used software.
Desired Skills – Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress, email marketing platforms, and social media marketing skills are desired.
Work Experience to be gained:
This is an internship opportunity, and open to individuals who have recently graduated (within the last one year) with an associates or bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or other fields. The internship is suitable for recent graduates in other fields who are interested in the field of event management, marketing and communication and for those who wish to broaden their knowledge and skills in:
- health disparity,
- healthcare communication and marketing
- healthcare provider continuing education,
- health-related program planning,
- grant writing,
- educational activity planning,
- fund development,
- database and record keeping,
- volunteer coordination,
- leadership, Communication, collaboration, and engagement with stakeholders.
- To provide a practical environment for interns to learn, gain knowledge & develop skills in event management, marketing and communication for various healthcare related projects and activities.
- To utilize interns’ skills and experience in building and supporting the organization’s existing and future projects.
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES & CHALLENGES:
During this internship, you will participate in the following challenges:
- Community building challenge – This challenge has two parts:
1.) Volunteer management – Interns will work with their mentors to identify volunteer needs for the organization, develop volunteer job descriptions, post and promote those volunteer opportunities on various sites, and recruit a minimum of five volunteers to support the programs/activities.
2.) Fundraising – During the course of a six-month, intern will design and implement fundraising campaigns, raising a minimum of $500 from at least 10 donors to support the Binaytara Foundation’s projects.
- Communication challenge – For this challenge, interns will work with their mentors to write and publish three different categories of articles in The Cancer News and/or BTF news blog.
- Marketing challenge – Interns will work with their mentors to design, implement, and monitor marketing campaigns using Google AdWords and other organic and paid searches.
- Collaborate with the mentors and other volunteers at the Binaytara Foundation to design and implement marketing and communication strategies to disseminate information about BTF’s projects and to build awareness about cancer disparities.
- Participate in preparation and dissemination of scientific information related to cancer through The Cancer News and various Binaytara Foundation Conferences. This may include researching information, interviewing expert physicians, writing posts, news, and briefings, etc.
- Participate in coordination and collaboration with editors, authors, and others involved in the publication of The Cancer News – https://thecancernews.org
- Prepare and disseminate e-newsletters, fund-raising campaign emails, and project updates as needed
- Assist team members in designing and implementing social media campaigns and other forms of communication strategies
- Create promotional materials including digital media, printed materials, social media graphics and other media as needed to promote the Binaytara Foundation’s projects, events and educational conferences among target audience
- Update and maintain websites, databases, and online contents about the organization as needed
- Support the team in Creating, implementing, and monitoring Google AdWords campaigns and analytic tools
- Distribute flyers and posters to potential attendees by emailing them, faxing them as well as personally delivering them to clinics in the Western Washington area or any other areas directed by the executive director
- Communicate with speakers, attendees, volunteers and other members as instructed by mentor.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and communication and co-ordinate activities to help volunteers accomplish the assigned tasks