Location: Bellevue, WA
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: President
We seek a dynamic and experienced leader to head our Medical Education programs, including in-person and virtual conferences and enduring educational activities offered through the Binaytara Foundation Education Academy, The Cancer News, and other platforms. If you are passionate about advancing medical knowledge and promoting best practices in healthcare, this role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact.
The Medical Director will be a part of the organization’s senior leadership team and will work to achieve Binaytara Foundation’s programmatic and fundraising goals. The Medical Director will be responsible for assessing the needs for continuing education, developing, implementing, and overseeing educational initiatives, assessing their impact, and ensuring all activities adhere to the highest standards for evidence-based care and meet the needs of healthcare professionals. This role will also involve working with cross-functional teams to deliver educational content that supports the enhancement of clinical competence, patient care, and healthcare outcomes.
The Key Responsibilities include:
1.) Continuing Education Programs:
- Needs Assessment for Continuing Education: Collaborate with the Binaytara Foundation Education Committee and subject matter experts to assess needs design, develop, and update continuing education activities, ensuring the activity is evidence-based, relevant, and effective.
- Accreditation Compliance: Ensure the Continuing Education program adheres to all accreditation standards and requirements, overseeing the accreditation process and documentation.
- Peer Review of Content: Peer review faculty presentations and content to ensure the information included in the presentation addresses the identified learning gap, is relevant, evidence-based, free from commercial bias, and is designed to improve the participant’s knowledge and competence.
- Program Evaluation & Quality Improvement: Implement a robust program evaluation process, gathering feedback and data to assess the effectiveness of educational activities and make improvements accordingly.
2.) The Cancer News:
Collaborate with The Cancer News editorial team to procure, review, and publish relevant articles in The Cancer News.
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), or Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) with hematology/oncology background.
- Experience in medical education and curriculum development.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience as a Medical Director or Director of Pharmacy in a healthcare or educational institution.
- Familiarity with CE accreditation standards, such as ACCME, ACPE or other relevant bodies.
Travel Required: This position requires travel to our conference sites. The travels involve weekends and overnight stays and may require up to two weekends a month.
- Paid Time Off
- Matching 401 K
- Health Insurance
How to Apply: If you are a dedicated medical professional with a passion for education and a commitment to advancing healthcare, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications, and any references.
Binaytara Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds to join our team dedicated to improving healthcare through continuing medical education.