The Binaytara Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit established in October 2007 with the goal of bringing positive changes to people’s lives by promoting health and education.
Mission Statement: The Binaytara Foundation aims to improve healthcare in resource poor communities and improve cancer care worldwide by educating healthcare providers and community members, advocating for better access to care, and innovating program models and services that improve access to care.
Marketing and Communication Internship
The Binaytara Foundation (BTF) is looking for a dynamic, motivated and energetic individual to intern with our team based in Issaquah, WA. This internship requires occasional travels to our project sites and conference locations which may include overnight stays.
Schedule: Typical schedule is Monday through Friday – five hours each day. However, Interns may be required to work on weekends when there is a conference or another event taking place during the weekend.
Internship Length: Can choose between six month or one-year options. Each internship requires a minimum of 30-hour per week of time commitment and must meet certain challenges to be eligible for the stipend & career advancement grant.
Stipend: $1,500 per month plus up to $2,000 ($1,000 for a six-month internship) career advancement grant awarded upon completing the internship challenges assigned by their mentors. Internship stipend is not based on hours worked, this internship is not an employed position and does not qualify for employment benefits. This internship is designed to help interns learn and thrive in their future career or academic path they choose.
This internship is open to anyone who has completed an associates or bachelors degree in communication or marketing within the last 2-years and is interested in pursuing a career in marketing and communication.
Skills required – Strong verbal and written English communication skills required. Typing skills a must. Must have a good command of Microsoft office suite, Google Drive, and other commonly used software.
The Marketing & Communication Intern will work with their mentor to develop marketing and communication strategies for various projects of the Binaytara Foundation including the following:
- · Prepare and disseminate e-newsletters, fund-raising campaign emails, and project updates to interested parties and subscribers
- · Assist team members in designing and implementing social media campaigns and other forms of communication strategies as needed
- · Communicate with partners and volunteers as needed
- · Co-ordinate & facilitate virtual or on-site meetings as needed.
- · Promote BTF events and projects in the community
- · Update and maintain websites, databases, and online contents utilized by the Binaytara Foundation
- . Create, implement, and monitor google AdWords campaigns and analytic tools
Assist with fundraising activities, Medical Conferences , and Community Education Projects including:
- · Prepare brochures, flyers, and save the date post cards
- · Maintain mailing list and attendee database, mail flyers and brochures to prospective attendees
- · Prepare attendee lists, badges, and other program materials
- · Assist in recruiting volunteers by posting the volunteer opportunities in various sites including idealist and volunteer match
- Communicate with volunteers about projects, co-ordinate activities to help the volunteer accomplish the assigned tasks, and help the volunteer prepare reports
- · Assist in the fund-raising activities including grant applications, annual fundraiser gala, online campaigns, and other in-person or event fundraisers as needed.
- · Maintain records and prepare reports related to fundraising activities, individual donations and other cash and in-kind donations.
- · Prepare and send out donor thank you letters, receipts etc. as directed by the employee’s mentor
- · Create & maintain database records in appropriate formats as directed by the intern’s mentor