Are you a persuasive storyteller with successful non-profit fund-raising experience who loves solving problems, who can meet the deadline, and who enjoys working with people from different backgrounds? If so, we might have a job that is right for you.
Email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
The Binaytara Foundation is seeking a dynamic and energetic person to join its team as a Development Director. This position is based in Bellingham, WA but partial telecommuting may be possible for someone who is located 40 miles or farther from Bellingham, WA.
The Binaytara Foundation (BTF) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit established in October 2007 with the goal of bringing positive changes in people’s lives by promoting health and education. The BTF has various health related projects both in the United States and internationally. As a BTF employee, you will enjoy great support from the board, and direct interaction with the founders while being able to work independently and creatively in an impact-oriented, people-focused team eager to bring positive changes in the lives of other people.
- In collaboration with the executive director, create fund-development goals and strategies for the organization including donation campaigns, grant proposals, sponsorship solicitations, and other strategies.
- Conduct all activities required to research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to grant makers including corporations and foundations.
- Direct & manage volunteers involved in grant writing or fund raising activities.
- Research prospects to evaluate for grant opportunities, sponsorships, and donations.
- Track financial statistics related to projects and services, and report them to the executive director monthly or as directed.
- Ensure compliance with all grant reporting set forth by grant makers and corporate sponsors/donors.
- Provide regular updates to the Binaytara Foundation leadership about fund-raising strategies, goals, and outcomes.
- Prepare written reports to share with donors, supporters, volunteers and the members of the public including blog posts, newsletter, annual report and other publications.
- Maintain appropriate records including grant tracking and reporting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write & edit articulate, structured, clear, and persuasive grant proposals.
- Ability to meet deadlines, pay attention to details, multitask, and creatively solve problems.
- Resourcefulness and knowledge of fund raising techniques, mobilization of volunteers, and storytelling to bring awareness about the projects.
- Experience with grant proposal writing.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques and prospecting for fund development.
- Ability to work with team members of various backgrounds and actively contribute to the team.
- Minimum of three years experience with successful fund-raising in a non-profit organization including successful grant writing.
- Bachelors degree (required), Masters degree preferred.
The Binaytara Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.