About the Position
The Binaytara Foundation seeks a creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative leader to serve as Director of Development. The Foundation is looking for someone who shares their vision for improving access to cancer care in underserved communities. The current focus is on Nepal and India. The primary functions of this role are developing fundraising programs, creating new models for revenue generation, and building long-term relationships with donors, sponsors, and partners to raise the capital funds necessary to open and operate the new hospital.
The Director of Development reports to the President and will be a key leader, working alongside the board of directors to expand fundraising capabilities. They will also work closely with the team to develop compelling communications to inspire and motivate partners, donors, and other stakeholders who share Binaytara’s values.
This position is suitable for someone with a track record in raising funds from individuals and institutional donors and grant-makers for global health related projects.
Candidates may come from a variety of professions, both business and nonprofit. Individuals with transferable skills from other fields and an open-mindedness to learning and growth will be considered.
Fundraising Strategy and Leadership
- In partnership and collaboration with the Board and the Executive Director, establish and drive fundraising and revenue generation goals and create and implement a comprehensive plan to meet those goals.
- Oversee the identification and segmentation of major donors, cultivation, solicitation, and ongoing donor engagement; and management of annual campaigns, planned gifts, event sponsorships, foundation and corporate giving, and major donations from individuals.
- Possess a working knowledge of fundraising plans, major gift programs, event planning and management, direct solicitations, donor relations, and volunteer management.
- Manage the human resources of the team to achieve these goals, including assessing and hiring talent for an appropriate reporting structure.
- In collaboration with the team, actively drive, manage, and track fund development strategies and activities.
- Ensure diverse development campaigns occur throughout the year; develop a calendar of cultivation communications and draft tools needed to achieve this goal.
Development Activities and Events
- Develop additional events to support fundraising and program development goals. (The foundation already hosts an annual gala which is produced by internal staff team.)
- A minimum of five years in professional fund development is required.
- Proven track record of leading a development program and soliciting major gifts.
- Global health projects experience preferred.
- Must have strong team building and communications skills and understand global health funding and resource development needs.
- Experience with database management and data analysis.
- Data-driven, strategic thinker with an ability to execute strategies based on data indicators
- Comfortable with technology, e.g., Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other CRM software.
The salary range for this position is $110K – $125K plus bonus structure. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined commensurate with experience, competencies, and skillset.
This position is based on the West Coast with a preference for Washington state, however candidates in other locations will be considered.
The Binaytara Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Binaytara Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Binaytara Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Binaytara Foundation’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to: [email protected]