The Continuing Medical Education (CME) Director oversees the Binaytara Foundation’s accredited continuing education activities. The responsibilities also include managing a team of six to eight members in the department. The CME Director contributes to Binaytara Foundation’s vision to minimize cancer disparities through education, advocacy, and innovation.
In partnership with the education committee and under the guidance of Dr. Binay Shah, President, the Director of Continuing Medical Education will conduct needs assessment and develop program proposals to design, implement, and evaluate continuing education activities that aim to change providers’ competence and improve patient outcomes.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
OFFICE LOCATION: Bellevue, WA (on-site)
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
COMPENSATION: $75,000 to $90,000 per year commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills.
How to apply: Email your CV and cover letter to Tara Shah, Executive Director.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Device & implement strategies to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of educational activities provided by Binaytara Foundation.
- Oversee all aspects of accredited continuing education activities to ensure compliance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accreditation criteria.
- Provide oversight, support, and professional expertise for BTF conferences on-site.
- Ensure proper record keeping and reporting of accredited and non-accredited continuing educational activities and programs.
- Supervise the IME grant team to ensure timely grant submission, follow up, reporting and reconciliation.
- Recruit, mentor, and support junior team members as needed.
- Develop and improvise processes and mechanisms to ensure continuous improvement of CME programs and activities.
- Collaborate with the development, communications, marketing, and education teams to plan, implement, and evaluate highly impactful CME activities.
- Monitor and foster a collaborative culture among staff, volunteers, and other partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in adult education, healthcare education, or related field.
- Minimum of four years’ experience managing continuing medical education programs, with at least 2-years in a leadership role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to manage and inspire groups and individuals.
- Excellent project management, planning, and organization skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including project management software, constituent relationship management software (Salesforce), Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.