The Binaytara Foundation (BTF) is a 501(c)3 non-profit established in 2007 with the goal of promoting health and education in resource poor communities. BTF has a special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
The Binaytara Foundation seeks to improve healthcare in resource poor communities and improve cancer care worldwide by collaborating with national and international organizations to:
- develop healthcare manpower in underserved areas,
- improve access to cancer care by establishing direct care facilities and services,
- improve the quality of life of cancer patients through advocacy, education, and empowerment,
- promote the practice of evidence based medicine by providing research grants to young physicians and healthcare providers in training,
- and improve knowledge and competence of healthcare professionals by offering them continuing educational materials through live and virtual meetings, webinars, and other educational forums.
B – Benevolence
As a non-profit charity organized to promote health and education in resource poor communities, the BTF and its leadership remains committed to this value of doing good to others.
T – Transparency
As an organization supported by the public, we remain committed to maintaining transparency and accountability in every project, activity, and transaction we do.
F – Friendship
Friendship and partnership are core elements of every BTF project. We believe in collaborating with individuals and organizations in order to bring positive changes in our communities.
“Every human being will have access to healthcare that is based on evidence, that is culturally appropriate, and that improves their quality of life.”
As individuals who grew up in Nepal, and were edified by higher education and professional training in their home countries and in the United States, BTF co-founders maintain a strong sense of responsibility towards helping improve healthcare in resource-poor communities.
BTF board members, volunteers, associates, and donors are individuals highly motivated to help the less privileged people around the world.
Our philosophy is “Countries have man-made boundaries, humanity does not.“
We invite you to join hands with us in helping improve healthcare near and far.