ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
This is an entry-level position – open to individuals willing to learn and grow. One or more years of experience in business, marketing, or other fields will be a plus but not required.
The Binaytara Foundation (BTF) is looking for a dynamic, motivated and energetic individual to join its team as the Assistant to the Executive Director to work from its office in Issaquah, WA. This position requires occasional travels to our project sites in and outside the greater Western Washington area for conferences and other related activities which may include overnight stays.
Job Type: Full-time.
Work Schedule: Typical schedule is Monday through Friday. However, employee may be required to work on weekends when there is a conference or another event taking place during the weekend.
Pay: $19 to $22 per hour DOE
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Transportation: Must have a valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle with liability insurance coverage.
Physical Ability: May be required to occasionally carry/lift/transport suitcases/bags/containers containing conference materials from/to the Binaytara Foundation office or another designated place to conferences sites. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required to load/off load those materials.
COVID-19 Vaccination: required.
The Binaytara Foundation is an impact focused, fast paced organization led by a team of highly driven board members and aided by a large number of accomplished volunteers and supporters with a strong sense of caring and giving back. We are looking for a team member who has a positive attitude and a caring heart; who is driven by the desire to make a difference and is willing to take action.
For someone to be successful in this position, one needs to be highly motivated, organized, focused, efficient, and pay attention to details. In addition, the position requires the following qualifications:
Education – Bachelor’s degree required. Preference given to individuals with degrees in the following fields: business administration, marketing, communication, public-relations, non-profit management, public health, or community health education.
Skills required – Strong verbal and written English communication skills required. Typing skills without looking at keyboard is a must. Must have a good command of Microsoft office suite, Google Drive, and other commonly used software. Be able to schedule zoom meetings
Desired Skills – Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress, email marketing platforms, and social media marketing skills are desired.
Work Experience: This is an entry-level position, and open to individuals willing to learn and grow. One or more years of experience in business, marketing, or other fields will be a plus but not required.
The Assistant to the Executive Director will have the following responsibilities. This list is not all inclusive. The individual will take additional responsibilities based on the need of the organization.
- Handle all forms of organizational communication including responding to emails and telephone inquiries related to projects, communicating with donors, partners, affiliates, board members, vendors, and volunteers on various project related and organization related issues as needed
- Prepare and disseminate e-newsletters, fund-raising campaign emails, and project updates to interested parties and subscribers
- Assist team members in designing and implementing social media campaigns and other forms of communication strategies as needed
- Communicate with international partners or other partner organizations and volunteers involved in the BTF’s international project about various aspects of the project as directed by the employee’s supervisor
- Co-ordinate & facilitate partner meeting, BTF leadership meeting, and other virtual or on-site meetings as needed.
- Help the team implement appropriate impact assessment tools to evaluate effectiveness of projects and activities conducted by the organizations
- Seek out opportunities to partner with local community organizations and individuals to implement and improve the impact of our projects
- Promote BTF events and projects in the community
- Update and maintain websites, databases, and online contents utilized by the Binaytara Foundation
- Create, implement, and monitor google AdWords campaigns and analytic tools
Responsibilities related to Medical Conferences & Community Education Projects
- Assist the team in venue selection for conferences by contacting potential venues, obtaining bids, contracts etc.
- Prepare brochures, flyers, banners, and save the date post cards, etc.
- Distribute flyers and posters to potential attendees by emailing them as well as personally delivering them to clinics in the Western Washington area or any other areas directed by the executive director
- Maintain mailing list and attendee database, mail flyers and brochures to prospective attendees
- Communicate with speakers, attendees, volunteers and other members as needed
- Assist with conference logistics, speaker travel arrangements, and other activities required for the event as needed
- Co-ordinate and communicate with exhibitors/vendors as directed by the executive director
- Assist in recruiting volunteers that includes identifying tasks that can be completed by volunteers, preparing the job description, and posting the volunteer opportunities in various sites including idealist and volunteer match
- Communicate with volunteers about projects, co-ordinate activities to help the volunteer accomplish the assigned tasks, and help the volunteer prepare reports
Fundraising, Administrative and Record Keeping Responsibilities
- Assist in the fund-raising activities including grant applications, annual fundraiser gala, online campaigns, and other in-person or event fundraisers as needed.
- Maintain records and prepare reports related to fundraising activities, individual donations and other cash and in-kind donations.
- Prepare and send out donor thank you letters, receipts etc. as directed by the employee’s supervisor
- Create & maintain database records in appropriate formats as directed by the employee’s supervisor
- Prepare and file reports as directed by supervisor – including annual reports, financial reports, and project reports