The Binaytara Foundation (BTF) seeks a creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative leader for our Assistant Executive Director position. We are looking for a driven team member with a positive attitude, a caring heart, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and families suffering from cancer – in the United States and globally.
This position is suitable for someone with a strong communication skills, a track record of leading and inspiring team members, and implementing successful fundraising activities. Working knowledge of fundraising plans, major gift programs, event planning and management, direct solicitations, donor relations, and volunteer management are preferred.
The primary functions of this role are working alongside the Executive Director to lead and direct the strategic direction of the organization by supporting revenue generation activities, recruiting and training team members, and providing direct supervision and support to staff as needed.
The Assistant Executive Director reports to the Executive Director and will be a key member on our team working alongside the board of directors to expand our programs and capabilities. They will also work closely with our team to develop compelling communications to inspire and motivate partners, donors, and other stakeholders who share our values.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Schedule: Typical schedule is Monday through Friday. However, the employee may be required to work on weekends when there is a conference or another event taking place during the weekend.
Travel Required: This position may require travel to our project sites and conference locations including overnight stays. Travels will include weekends and may involve driving as well as air travel.
Transportation: Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle with liability insurance coverage.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A minimum of four years of progressive leadership experience including at least two years in business development, fund-raising, and grant-writing is preferred.
- Candidates may come from a variety of professions both business and non-profit.
- Individuals with transferable skills from other fields and an open mindedness to learning and growth will be considered.
- Proficient in marketing, analytics, CRM, content management, and other tools and software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, Adobe apps, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Tableau, Salesforce, Canva, WordPress, etc.
- Effective time-management, people management, and crisis management abilities.
- Critical and creative thinker who is open to out-of-the-box ideas and innovations.
You will enjoy this job if you believe in the power of giving and are excited by the opportunity to impact lives by bringing cancer care and services to thousands of people every year for generations to come.
Location – This position will be based in Issaquah, WA or another location within the Puget Sound.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Program Development and Management – Support the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Binaytara Foundation’s programs and services including continuing medcial education programs and global oncology programs.
- Fundraising Strategy and Leadership – Under the direction of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director, the Assistant Executive Director will work with the Development Director to establish and drive fundraising and revenue generation activities.
- Donor Communications – In collaboration with the development and communication team, the Assistant Executive Director will actively drive, manage, and track donor communication.
- Corporation Relationship – The Assistant Executive Director will oversee the delivery of high-level constituent experience and recognition programs to cultivate new expanded opportunities.
- Corporate Engagement – The Assistant Executive Director will collaborate with the development, communications & marketing, and education teams to develop and execute corporate engagement strategies.
- Relationship Management – The Assistant Executive Director will serve as relationship manager to the BTF corporate supporters, maintaining regular contact regarding upcoming events/programs and stakeholders’ needs and issues regarding their efforts to promote evidence-based cancer care.
- Mentoring and Supervision – The Assistant Executive Director will monitor and foster a collaborative culture among staff, volunteers, interns, and other partners, including providing mentorship & training to junior staff and interns.